We have a competent team with experience in all aspects of land law and property transactions all over Uganda. The Team undertakes property related matters ranging from structured property transactions, Leases and Licensees, mortgages/charges/securities, sales and acquisition of land, negotiation of terms of a retail shop, landlord terms/licenses, subdivision, amalgamations, exchange of land, obtaining a change of user, advising on the settlement of land-related disputes amongst other transactions. We provide transaction advisory services to developers and financiers aimed at ensuring our clients realize their project goals.
Specific Areas of Practice
- Conducting a property audit to review our client’s property holdings.
- Negotiating and drafting the terms of the acquisition documentation to include properties warranties.
- Undertaking due diligence procedures.
- Advising Clients on all aspects of their corporate real estate strategy to include potential pitfall of the property being acquired.
- Drafting necessary transfer forms, advising on and obtaining completion documents including necessary consents for transfer of land and undertaking valuations and transfers at the land registries all over the country.